[Solved] Migrating coudpanel to new Server with local Database
We are in the process to migrate our cloudpanel installation from Windows Server 2012 r2 to Windows Server 2022.
We’re currently using a locally installed SQL 2016 instance for cloudpanel.
For the new server we will also install a local SQL 2019 instance for cloud panel to use.
Is the following process still accurate?:
- Install IIS on the new server and SQL on the server you want to move the database to
- Backup and restore the current CloudPanel database to the new server
- Install CloudPanel on the new server (make sure it is the same version) but choose the “Skip database configuration” checkbox as seen here: https://kb.knowmoreit.com/docs/install-cloudpanel/install-cloudpanel/
- Copy the branding folder and documentation folder from the old server as mentioned in that article
- Edit the settings.xml file in the Config directory and change the SQL connection string to point to the new database
Would this be the correct procedure, or would you recommend a different approach?